Friday, March 19, 2010

An Interview with Kimberly Derting


1. How did you come up with the idea of The Body Finder?

We were driving one day, when my husband came up with the idea of a boy who could find dead bodies. Since I’m always trying to be difficult, I immediately changed the main character to a teenage girl and created Violet’s ability to find the dead. Around our house, my husband still refers to himself as my “co-author.”

2. Who is your favorite character in The Body Finder?

Violet and Jay are by far my favorites, but Chelsea has been a lot of fun too! There’s just something really great about a girl who doesn’t have that inner-voice telling her what NOT to say. I probably like writing her because my inner-voice tends to stay silent a lot of times. :)

3. Any advice for aspiring authors?

Write as often as you can and read as much as possible. And, of course, never ever give up!

4. What’s next for you *book speaking*?

I have another project that I’m working on but I’m crazy-superstitious and afraid to jinx it. So that’s all I’ll say ;)

5. Who are some of your favorite authors?

There are WAY too many to list but you can find most of them at the following sites:

The Tenners (www.thetenners.com)
The Debutantes (www.feastofawesome.com)
Smart Chicks Kick It Tour (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jackson-Pearce/324549258692?v=wall#!/SmartChicksKickIt?ref=ts)

6. What are 5 things you couldn't live without?

Oxygen (this was way funnier in my head)

Family

Writing

Books

Vacations

7. Is there anything you would like to add?

To question 6? Yes, Skittles! :)

Thank you so much for having me today. It was so fun! Also, I absolutely adore you and your blog and recommend that everyone in the world start following you immediately!

No comments: