Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An Interview with Rachel Hawthorne


I recently had the joyful opportunity of interviewing Rachel Hawthorne, author of the Dark Guardian series. Thanks Rachel for doing this! Here is the interview-

  1. What made you decide to write a series about werewolves?

I knew my publisher was looking for a paranormal story and I had two ideas. One involved vampires and one werewolves. I sent them the ideas for both and they were interested in the wolves. So it was a matter of timing and luck.


2. Was it hard for you to switch points-of-views in each Dark Guardian book?

Not really. I’m a “method writer” which means that I view myself as the characters while I’m writing so it makes it easier for me to get inside their heads and write from their unique perspective.


3. If you could be any mythical creature, what would you be?

Oh, I think I would have to be a unicorn. I’ve always loved unicorns.


4. How many books are there going to be in the Dark Guardian series?

Right now there are four contracted and scheduled. If the series does well, there may be more, but like everything in business it’s based on supply and demand. The publisher needs to see that readers want more books and that’s determined by how many copies sell.


5. Who is your favorite musical artist? Genera? Band?

I’m a huge country western fan. Living in Texas , the music just calls to me. My favorite artist is George Strait .


6. Is there anything you would like to add?

I hope readers will continue to enjoy my stories. They can visit my website at www.rachelhawthorne.net for the latest information on my upcoming releases.

5 comments:

YA Book Queen said...

I've never read the series, but she caught my interest with this interview!

re: #3
Unicorns are so awesome. I loved unicorns when I was little, lol.

Anonymous said...

These books are some of my absolute favorites; I've read them over and over and still laugh or smile at the same parts. I especially loved Kayla and Lindsey's stories and hope that more books will follow.

Unknown said...

Warm dog clothing Abercrombie Polos is made in many different popular fabrics as well. You Abercrombie Polos can get sweaters which are made out of fleece, jackets ed hardy Hats made with micro fiber faux suede as well as knits and standard cotton blends. The Ed Hardy Sale best place to find all of these selections though is through the internet. When Ed Hardy Swimwear you go to the local pet store, if they have any selection at all, their Ed Hardy Swimwear prices can be expensive. The same also goes for specialty shops. However dog Ed Hardy Swimwear apparel on the internet are cheap and since they are even delivered to your front door, you get even more savings.puumi

Megan said...

Can you make another book in the series? I absolutly loved it. Please write another one. I know that it will do great. Down jere in Texas we are loving your books!!! Ta Ta for now...

Unknown said...

nike huarache
coach bags
ugg outlet
kate spade outlet
adidas nmd
nhl jerseys
carolina jerseys
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
toms shoes