Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hunters Moon (Avalon High: Coronation #3) by Meg Cabot


Hunter’s Moon marks the exciting finale to Meg Cabot’s first manga series, Avalon High: Coronation. The manga trilogy continued where Meg’s bestselling novel, Avalon High, left off, and this final installment puts the fate of the world in Ellie's and Will’s hands....


No offense to Meg Cabot, but I didn't like this book. I found that it was a bit pointless. Don't get me wrong, I love manga's. And, since I haven't read any other of her books, I cant judge her writing. But, what was this manga about? What was the lesson of the story? I don't know.
That being said, I didn't completely dislike the book. It was written well enough that I kept reading.
I recommend this book to Meg Cabot fans.

4 comments:

Nina said...

Thank you for your honest review. I dont think i'm going to read this soon, it doesn't sound great! :(

YA Book Queen said...

I've only read the first manga, but trust me when I say the novel Avalon High is way better than the manga's. I love Meg's books, but I wish she would have wrote a sequel to Avalon High instead of agreeing to 3 Manga's (especially when the first one was basically a recap of what happened in the novel).

Thanks for the honest review!

BookChic said...

Did you just read this one or did you also read the first two mangas? Since this is the third, it definitely helps to have read the first two and maybe even the novel too.

I just got this from the library and I'm gonna read the mangas back-to-back, lol. I'm excited.

Zoe said...

Book Chic- I haven't read the first two manga's. I got sent the 3rd one, and I couldn't find the first 2 here. :(
Next time I go to the bookstore, I'll look for them again.