Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Interview with Kaleb Nation



1. Who are some of the people who inspired you to start writing?

My mother, of course, started me off writing when I was nine years
old, even though I absolutely hated it at first! And when I was
younger, I remember reading a book called "What's Your Story" by
Marion Dane Bauer. I had found it randomly at the library, and that
author became my inspiration for years. I would read that book over
and over, because it was filled with advice for young writers like me!

2. Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?

Someone once told me that people should write stories that express
their feelings through their characters. Don't exactly put specific
things from your life into your writing: take emotions and experiences
from your own life and let those feelings flow through your
characters. Chances are, nearly everyone who reads what you write has
felt happiness, and loneliness, and sadness, and joy, and seeing
characters who feel these same things makes the story more realistic.


3. How many books to you plan on being in the Bran Hambric series?

I am planning six books.

4. Who are some of your favorite authors?

Lemony Snicket and Eoin Colfer for sure! John Green is also one of my
favorite writers now.


5. Is there anything you would like to add?

If you'd like to keep up with what's going on with Bran Hambric as I
write the second book, you can follow me at Twitter.com/KalebNation !