Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

41Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.

Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.

As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.

I should really be doing homework right now, but I felt like writing a review- so here it goes.

The Shade series are the only books I’ve read by Jeri Smith-Ready and I truly have been meaning to read her other books, I just haven’t gotten around to it. These books are the perfect ones to read if you’re looking to start a new series and you want to just dive in and be immersed in the author’s well put together world. I loved the first book in the series Shade (which is out in paperback now, so that’s even more reason you should go read it) and I loved Shift just as much.

The only real problem I have with this story is the main character Aura. She is a lovely girl and all of her emotions are written really well, I just don’t really like her. Aura can be a bit annoying at times and is really indecisive. She’s stuck in this riveting love triangle between Logan, the long-time love interest who can be a jerk and Zachary, who’s lovely and real and has an accent (ooh la la). Personally, I’m a Patrick fan so I am completely biased when it comes to talking about Logan- so I’m not really going to get into that.

Other than my dislike for Aura, I really love this series. I can’t wait for the third one, Shine to come out next year. Jeri Smith-Ready does a lovely job writing all of the characters and dealing with this crazy amazing world she has set up. I’m not a big paranormal fan, but Shade and Shift are definitely books that I would recommend to anyone.

FTC- Publisher.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I agree with you, Aura just isn't a very likeable character! I also didn't like how Logan kept sticking around after he died... a love triangle where one of the love interests is a ghost? That's a little weird and annoying... especially since Zachary is so yummy and alive and RIGHT THERE and Scottish and saying words like "bonnie."
I mean, come on, Aura! :)
- Alyssa of Redhead Heroines
Book Review of “Shade” by Jeri Smith-Ready