Saturday, May 21, 2011

Instructions for a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson

9633221

Three days before her drama club's trip to Italy, Jessa Gardner discovers her boyfriend in the costume barn with another girl. Jessa is left with a care package from her best friend titled "Top Twenty Reasons He's a Slimy Jerk Bastard," instructing her to do one un-Jessa-like thing each day of the trip. At turns hilarious and heartwrenching, Instructions for a Broken Heart paints a magical Italy in which Jessa learns she must figure out life-and romance-for herself.

Kim Culbertson is an author I’ve been wanting to read since her first book came out.

Instructions for a Broken Heart really captured me and a truly enjoyed reading it. It’s adorable and I love that it was set in Italy. After reading this book, I definitely want to read Kim’s first novel. Though once I got into it I really loved reading it, Instructions for a Broken Heart started off pretty slow.

Kim Culbertson did an amazing job writing all of the characters. Jessa (I love that name!) was a really unique character and I loved how much she learned about herself and those around her throughout the book.

This book remains adorable throughout the whole thing. It’s hard not to have an adorable novel when the setting is Italy, but Instructions of a Broken Heart was particularly adorable. I loved how well Kim Culbertson described the setting. I’ve never been to Italy, but after reading this, I definitely want to go there as soon as possible!

I recommend Instructions for a Broken Heart to people who are looking for a cute book that has a lot of deep meaning hidden beneath it’s well-written pages.

FTC- Publisher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can be inspired by reading the book.

alt com