Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Love, Love, Love by Deborah Reber and Caroline Goode

image

Two sweet stories about finding your one true love.

In Language of Love, Janna is quickly adapting to life in Seattle as a high school exchange student from Hungary. Or at least Julian, the cute boy she met in a coffee shop, thinks she is. The truth is, he overheard Janna using a phony accent, and now she’s stuck playing the part….Will Julian want to be with the real Janna? Or will she discover that lies don’t always translate to love?

In Cupidity, high school is the single worst place to find a boyfriend. And Laura Sweeney is no exception. She hasn't had a date since...well, ever. So Laura needs guidance. A proven "get the guy" strategy. Luckily she knows exactly the expert to call. He's a matchmaking mastermind who actually has the bow and arrow to prove it. Let's just call him...Cupid.

 

I love Simon and Schuster Romantic Comedies and this is a compilation of two of them (yay). Both books were really fast reads, which is always a good thing. Both of them were also really adorable, which is really what I look for in a RoCom- good writing and an adorable story.

Despite the cliches in Language of Love, the characters were all really well written. I really enjoyed how much Janna transformed throughout the course of the novel. Despite it’s occasional predictability, Language of Love surprised me quite a bit. The first book in this two-book-compilation was cute, funny, and my favorite of the two.

The second book included in Love, Love, Love was titled Cupidity (I love the title!). This is a total beach read. It is cute, has Roman gods, and was humorous. The thing it was lacking was character development. The characters all seemed flat and I couldn’t connect with them. That was my singular problem with this book. Other than that, Cupidity was a cute novel that I enjoyed reading.

Out of the two, Language of Love was my favorite- because the characters were better developed and improved throughout the story. I recommend Love, Love, Love to people who are looking for two quick, cute, humorous novels!

FTC- Received from publisher on behalf of one of the authors.

3 comments:

Deborah Reber said...

Thanks so much for reviewing Love, Love, Love, Zoe!! So glad you liked Language of Love :)
XOXO Debbie Reber

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

Both these stories look good! I've got this book on my shelf so I need to read it soon.

Unknown said...

mizuno sneakers
michael kors outlet online
seattle seahawks jerseys
birkenstock outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren polo outlet
longchamp le pliage
nike air max pas cher
polo ralph lauren
2017.3.1chenlixiang