Monday, February 1, 2010

What's Around You When You Write?

So, as I came home and sat at my desk an idea of something to write about popped into my head. When you write, what is around you?

I personally like to be surrounded my things I love. So, around my desk are these permanent things.....


1. A picture my great grandparents took in England 20-30 years ago. It's of a guard, I believe. One of those guys with the poofy black hats who show no expression.

2. My 2 Glee Magnets. I love Glee!

3. I have a cell phone holder that is a hard plastic green guy. He is lovely.

4. My movie ticket stub from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

5. My rainbow post it note cube.


A few things I keep on my desk that change about once a week....

1. I always have a stack of books on my desk. Either ones I am reading or ones that inspire me to write. Right now, I have Anne Frank *reading it for class* and 4 books that I love that inspire me. *13 Little Blue Envelopes, Sea, Boy Meets Boy, Looking for Alaska*

2. Camera *sometimes there, sometimes not*




So thats it for me. Whats where you write?

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I wish I had enough room on my desk to write. But it has a ton of crap on it, so there is no room for my laptop, let alone a notebook!

Shweta said...

I never have enough room on my desk. My assignment files and folders ,my laptop , my ipod and my desk organizer take up the space. You are so much more organized

in which a girl reads said...

I just have a bunch of junk.

Papers.
Textbooks.
Notebooks.

And then I have things like books of poetry and books I'm reading and my favorite books.

And of course, my ipod. *huggles ipod*

Daisy Whitney said...

That is a great list of books that inspire you! The only thing around me when I write is a caffeinated beverage!