Monday, February 8, 2010

Quotes!


1st, you should read this post. Mmkay. If you have read that post, then you know that Khy and I have been putting quotes on our walls. Like Khy, I'm going to put some quotes I like in this post. *these quotes are from Goodreads*


"Here’s what I know about the realm of possibility— it is always expanding, it is never what you think it is. Everything around us was once deemed impossible. From the airplane overhead to the phones in our pockets to the choir girl putting her arm around the metalhead. As hard as it is for us to see sometimes, we all exist within the realm of possibility. Most of the limits are of our own world’s devising. And yet, every day we each do so many things that were once impossible to us. "
David Levithan (The Realm of Possibility)

"I think one of the highest compliments you can give a person is that when you are talking to him, you are not thinking about the fact that you are talking to him. That is, your thoughts and words all exist on a single, engaged level. You are being yourself because you aren't bothering to think about who you should be. It is like when you talk in a dream."
David Levithan (How They Met, and Other Stories)

"The human heart is a strange vessel. Love and hatred can exist side by side."
Scott Westerfeld

"What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful."
Scott Westerfeld


"Sometimes the facts in my head get bored and decide to take a walk in my mouth. Frequently this is a bad thing."
Scott Westerfeld (So Yesterday)

"When adults say, "Teenagers think they are invincible" with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don't know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail."
John Green (Looking for Alaska)

“Her library filled her bookshelves and then overflowed into waist-high stacks of books everywhere, piled haphazardly against the walls.”

Pudge to Alaska- “Have you really read all those books in your room?”

Alaska laughing- “Oh God no. I’ve maybe read a third of ‘em. But I’m going to read them all. I call it my Life’s Library. Every summer since I was little, I’ve gone to garage sales and bought all the books that looked interesting. So I always have something to read. But there is so much to do: cigarettes to smoke, sex to have, swings to swing on. I’ll have more time for reading when I’m old and boring.'"
John Green (Looking for Alaska)

2 comments:

April (BooksandWine) said...

Looking For Alaska is sooo quotable!

Awesome pickings :-)

in which a girl reads said...

Lovely quotes. You make me want to read some David Leviathan! :D I <33 John Green :)