Friday, February 5, 2010

An Interview with Dirty Little Secrets, Lucy


1. What was it like having a mom as a hoarder?
For a long time, I didn’t think about it too much. When I started spending the night at friend’s houses, I got that things weren’t normal at home. I always felt that I couldn’t have good friends
because they might find out about Mom. As hard as things got, I still loved her. She was my mom.

2. If you could tell your mother one more thing, what would it be?
That as bad as things got, I know that she didn’t do it on purpose. She couldn’t help it.


3. Has your relationship with your siblings changed?
They’re not around much because they’re so much older. I still see Phil, but not so much Sara. I always get the feeling that she has some suspicions about what happened, but I don’t think she’ll ever ask me about it.


4. How is Josh?
Awesome. Can’t say more ;)


5. What is it like having your story out there in the world?
It’s good and hard at the same time. It actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be – most people are really supportive. It’s funny, but since I “came out” about the hoarding, there are SO many other people who have similar stories.

No comments: