Sunday, February 21, 2010

Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson


Ever since Mrs. Amberson, the former-aspiring-actress-turned-agent, entered Scarlett Martin's life, nothing has been the same.

She's still in charge of the Empire Suite in her family's hotel, but she's now also Mrs. Amberson's assistant, running around town for her star client, Chelsea - a Broadway star Scarlett's age with a knack for making her feel insignificant.

Scarlett's also trying to juggle sophomore year classes, her lab partner who is being just a little TOO nice, and getting over the boy who broke her heart.

In the midst of all this, her parents drop a bombshell that threatens to change her New York life forever...



Scarlett Fever was impeccable. It was hilarious, witty, and entertaining, which is what every YA book should be. Over summer, I would go through phases where I would just re-read a bunch of books by the same author over and over again. This phase applied to books written by Maureen Johnson. After reading Scarlett Fever, all I wanted to do was lock myself in my room and get lost in her books.
Scarlett Fever follows Scarlett Martin for the 2nd time, around her New York life as the daughter of a poor hotel owner. Scarletts life is average, while still being exciting. I was seriously sitting there reading with my mouth wide open thinking to myself “What will happen NEXT?” Maureen Johnson should never stop writing. Everything she writes turns to addicting gold*.


* Don’t take this the wrong way, kiddies.

3 comments:

Amila Kanchana said...

I've not been in to YA books much,and this book sounds suitable as way of getting the hang of it. Thanks!

Kristi Faith said...

I love your reviews. Thank you for the suggestion, I think I'll have to pick it up. :0)

Unknown said...

michael kors handbags
cheap ray ban sunglasses
air jordan
coach outlet
coach outlet
caterpillar work boots
air max sale
louis vuitton outlet online
hollister kids
jordan retro 7
2017.3.1chenlixiang