Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg


Penny is sick of boys and sick of dating. So she vows: no more. It's a personal choice. . .and, of course, soon everyone wants to know about it. And a few other girls are inspired. A movement is born: The Lonely Hearts Club (named after the band from Sgt. Pepper). Penny is suddenly known for her nondating ways . . . which is too bad, because there's this certain boy she can't help but like. . . .




The Lonely Hearts Club was so addicting! I finished it in about a day, and then I gave it to my friend who finished it in a day. Elizabeth Eulberg is a debut author, and a wonderful one at that. I love that she chose The Beatles to write about. They are a really safe subject, that most people seem to love. Penny Lane was a wonderful character. The transformation she makes throughout the book is amazing.
After reading this, all I wanted to do was listen to The Beatles. I found it hilarious that the main character and all her sisters had names relating to The Beatles, yet, her parents names are totally average.
Elizabeth Eulberg did an amazing job writing this, I liked it more than I expected to and it is definitely a book I will remember.

3 comments:

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

I loved this so much too! Funny thing, I passed it on to my BF as soon as I was done :)

prophecygirl said...

I loved this one as well! Very addicting, I agree! :)

Unknown said...

Ooh nice to read you liked it so much :)

You won an award! :)

http://tvandbookaddict.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-blog-is-kreativ.html