Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is an amazing weekly topic that is brought to you by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

image

Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison

October 11, 2011

Egmont USA

A modern retelling of the German fairytale "Tristan and Isolde", Tris and Izzie is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until -- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.

This book is so adorable looking/sounding! What first caught my attention was the cover, but when I went on to read the summary- it caught my attention even more. I love modern retellings, even though I don’t read them much. Love Potions and Love and New Boys at School! This book sounds like its own little potion of amazing. I can’t wait to read it!

6 comments:

Cary Cheyenne. said...

This book does sound adorable and like it had an amazing story. It kind of reminds me of "Juliet Immortal," since their both new twists on old romantic tales. I can't wait to read it! Great post.

Here's my WoW Post:

Unknown said...

I've seen this around, but I never realized it was a Greek retelling! I'll have to keep an eye out on this one - great pick!

I'm Waiting on...

Erica said...

This one looks stellar, I can't wait for it!

Jennifer Swift said...

I've read the book and the story was very incredulous. I liked the way they twisted the different plots.
alt com

Simon Greenwhich said...

I've read the book as well and I learned a lot of dating techniques. The story is fantastic and I love the way they incorporate old romantic tales.

millionaire dating

Unknown said...

- کرکره برقی - راهبند - - - انجام پایان نامه - - - تعمیر لباسشویی - آتلیه عکاسی - ترجمه فارسی به انگلیسی -