Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is an amazing weekly topic that is brought to you by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

imageThe Sharp Time by Mary O’Connor

November 8, 2011

Delacorte Press

Sandinista Jones is a high school senior with a punk rock name and a broken heart. The death of her single mother has left Sandinista alone in the world, subject to the random vulnerability of everyday life. When the school system lets her down, her grief and instability intensify, and she ponders a violent act of revenge.
Still, in the midst of her crisis, she gets a job at The Pale Circus, a funky vintage clothing shop, and finds friendship and camaraderie with her coworker, a boy struggling with his own secrets.
Even as Sandinista sees the failures of those with power and authority, she's offered the chance to survive through the redemptive power of friendship. Now she must choose between faith and forgiveness or violence and vengeance.

I found this while I was browsing around on Goodreads and at first I was totally in awe of the cover. I love this cover. I will be the first person to admit that when it comes to books, I am a complete cover whore. When I clicked on the link and read what it was about, I wanted to read it even more. The Sharp Time not only looks amazing, but it also sounds amazing.

No comments: