Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fury by Elizabeth Miles

imageSometimes sorry isn't enough....

It’s winter break in Ascension, Maine. The snow is falling and everything looks pristine and peaceful. But not all is as it seems...

Between cozy traditions and parties with her friends, Emily loves the holidays. And this year’s even better--the guy she’s been into for months is finally noticing her. But Em knows if she starts things with him, there’s no turning back. Because his girlfriend is Em’s best friend.

On the other side of town, Chase is having problems of his own. The stress of his home life is starting to take its toll, and his social life is unraveling. But that’s nothing compared to what’s really haunting him. Chase has done something cruel...something the perfect guy he pretends to be would never do. And it’s only a matter of time before he’s exposed.

In Ascension, mistakes can be deadly. And three girls—three beautiful, mysterious girls—are here to choose who will pay.

Fury has lived up to the hype. I was really weary to start Fury because of how much promotion it has received over the past few months. I didn’t want to dislike it, and I wasn’t sure if it would live up to all of the praise it has received. Honestly, I loved it. I read Fury in a couple of hours and it literally had me holding my breath at some parts. I couldn’t wait to read what was going to happen next, yet I was scared to find out what was going on with Em and Chase.

Miles’ writing is lyrical and flows together nicely. The story is spooky, intriguing, and oh so addicting. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series! Though both characters had their own annoying flaws, I really liked them. I think Chase got on more nerves more than Em did, but his emotions also seemed more real to me.

I really liked the contrast between what Em did compared to what Chase did. But what I didn’t understand, was why the punishments they received were so similar when their secrets were so different. That was the only thing I disliked about Fury. The discipline for Em was more difficult than it should have been, in my opinion.

Fury is a mysterious and riveting novel that I’m sure readers will enjoy. Elizabeth Miles has written the first in what I’m sure will be a flawless book series. I highly recommend Fury.

FTC- Publisher.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't waiiiit to read this! I was so excited to find out that Elizabeth Miles lives in my town so that's really awesome and snaps to her for getting a book deal. I love stories written about Maine (hello, Stephen King, Lauren Oliver) because it is so unique here. It may not have a lot to do with the story, but I'm excited nonetheless. Also, the cover looks fab. ;)

Unknown said...

gucci outlet
nike outlet store
hollister clothing
coach outlet canada
louis vuitton uk
toms shoes
tory burch outlet
ugg outlet
christian louboutin online
oakley sunglasses wholesale
20170210lck

Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
yeezy boost 350
yeezy
kobe bryant shoes
cheap jordans
ralph lauren online,cheap ralph lauren
longchamp bags
adidas neo shoes
chrome hearts online
speedcross