Thursday, July 7, 2011

Interview with Carrie Harris

Carrie Harris is the author of the upcoming zombie novel Bad Taste in Boys. I hope you enjoy the interview!

image1. Are you strictly a "zombie book" author, or do you write other genres?

My books tend to be silly paranormals, but I’m not all zombie, all the time. There are too many cool monsters to commit to one! Like I’d really like to write a book about Frankenthulhu (Frankenstein plus Cthulhu) and one about merpires (mermaid plus vampire) and one about ninja werecats (which go without explanation). But for now, I’ve settled for a second Kate Grable book, which is called BAD HAIR DAY and is about werewolves and nanotechnology and blueberry flavored astronauts and killer coconuts. It’ll be out next summer.

2. If you were living in the world which Bad Taste in Boys takes place, do you think you would be someone who got infected? Why?

High school me would have totally gotten infected. I always picked the WRONG guys to date, and one of them would have bitten my lip off, and I would have zombed out immediately. Now I’m a lot more cautious. In fact, when you meet me, I don’t shake hands. I spray people with Lysol instead.

I’m kidding. Mostly.

3. What is your all time favorite zombie book/tv show/movie/etc.?
My favorite zombie book is really REALLY tough, because there are so many good ones. One of my most recent awesome zombie reads is HOLD ME CLOSER, NECROMANCER, by Lish McBride. I love any book that can combine zombies and potato hockey. And my favorite zombie movie is probably Shaun of the Dead, although if someone mashed that up with Zombieland and Resident Evil, I would be a happy, happy girl.

image4. Describe Bad Taste in Boys in 5 words or less.

Campy zombie mayhem. REALLY campy.

5. Is there anything you would like to add?

Just that I am fully prepared for the zombie apocalypse. So if it happens, please come to Michigan and join our commune. I didn’t marry a ninja doctor for nothin.

No, really. I married a ninja doctor. As in, a doctor who is also a ninja, not a doctor that exclusively treats ninjas.

No comments: