Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Interview with Alyxandra Harvey

I recently had the chance to ask Alyxandra Harvey, author of Haunting Violet and The Drake Chronicles, a few questions. I hope you enjoy the interview! Have you read any of Alyxandra’s books? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

image1. Which do you prefer writing, historical or contemporary fiction?

I love them both but I admit historical fiction was always my first love. My absolute favourite though, is to combine the two.

2. Besides Haunting Violet, can you please tell us what other books you have coming out?

I have an urban Faery YA novel coming out in May 2012 called “Stolen Away” which I’m very excited about! I think it has my yummiest and most angsty couple to date.

And, of course, “Bleeding Hearts”, #4 in the Drake Chronicles (US/NA Jan 2012, UK Oct2011)

3. You publish about two books a year, how long does it take you to write a novel?

It takes me on average 3 months to write a novel, but it can take up to 6 months. I once  wrote the first draft of a novel in 3 days for the 3 Day Novel Writing Contest. That was insane! and fun!

4. What about the paranormal genre appeals to you?

I love the capacity for wonder and whimsy and mystery. I love that there are so many possibilities, so many ways to look at the world and so many ways to see your own reflection.

1 comment:

Marathon said...

I'm a fan of Harvey's Drake Chronicles, and so this was a nice surprise. Even better, was finding that she's working on a new fairy novel!

~ Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)