Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt

25

On the last day of her junior year, Hannah's boyfriend Sebastian dumped her. Facing a summer of loneliness, Hannah turns to her best friend Ava for comfort. Ava does what BFFs do: she stays by Hannah's side...until it's time for Ava to head up to Maine for the summer. Also left behind is Ava's boyfriend, Noah, who's such a great guy he gets Hannah a job at the diner he waits tables at. Slowly, Hannah comes out of her funk thanks to Noah's good conversation and their fun times at the diner. But things get complicated when their friendship turns into attraction--and one night, into a passionate kiss.
The novel opens on the first day of senior year; the day Hannah is going to see Ava, Sebastian, and Noah all in one place. Over the course of the day secrets and betrayals are revealed, and alliances are broken and reformed. In the end, everyone is paired up once again, but not the way you might think...

Though this isn’t my favorite Lauren Barnholdt book, I still love it dearly. I love the way that Lauren Barnholdt writes because it’s serious yet it has a little touch of chick-lit in it. It took me awhile to get into Sometimes It Happens, but once I got toward the middle- it was totally worth the read.

I don’t tend to like books where there is cheating involved because I can’t help but dislike the character( s ) who cheated. This wasn’t the case with Sometimes It Happens because I cared so much for both Hannah and Noah. You can’t help but love them both because both characters are written honestly.

My only complaints about this book were that it had a slow beginning and the alternating chapter confused me at times. Besides that, Sometimes It Happens was an amazing book that I really enjoyed reading. I can’t help but recommend it to anyone I talk to.

FTC- Publisher.

No comments: