Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson


This was a wonderful book.


Lia and Cassie are best friends, wintergirls frozen in matchstick bodies, competitors in a deadly contest to see who can be the skinniest. But what comes after size zero and size double-zero? When Cassie succumbs to the demons within, Lia feels she is being haunted by her friend's restless spirit.



It takes a great writer to write wonderfully.
It takes an even more great author to write wonderfully about hard subjects.

Laurie Halse Anderson is one of the more than great authors.

This book was amazing. I finished it last night, and I couldn't stop reading. This was the first book by Laurie Halse Anderson that I have completed. It must've been a hard book to write, because it definitely was a hard book to read. I loved it! I can't wait to get my own copy. It was wonderfully written and incredibly addicting.

1 comment:

prophecygirl said...

It was my first LHA book too, and I absolutely loved it. I can't say enough good things about it!