Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gingerbread by Rachel Cohn


The first of an awesome series.

After being kicked out of a fancy New England boarding school, Cyd Charisse is back home in San Francisco with her parents, Sid and Nancy, in a household that drives her crazy. Lucky for Cyd, she's always had Gingerbread, her childhood rag doll and confidante.
After Cyd tests her parents' permissiveness, she is grounded in Alcatraz (as Cyd calls her room). But when her incarceration proves too painful for the whole family, Cyd's parents decide to send her to New York to meet her biological father and his family, whom Cyd has always longed to know.
Summer in the city is not what Cyd Charisse expects - and Cyd isn't what her newfound family expects, either.


So, this was the second book by Rachel Cohn that I've read, and it was amazing. I swear, Rachel Cohn is one of the best YA authors I have read. She put tons of amounts of awesome into this book. I loved how her characters emotions where very clear, and that they were so well portrayed. So, I mean, if you want to read something unbelievable awesome, and you are a teen who enjoys reading Young Adult books than you should totally read this!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Sounds pretty good. I think I may add it to my never ending reading list. :)