Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Giver by Lois Lowry


So,
I read this book for class, it was surprisingly good. Here is a small summary:

At the age of twelve, Jonas, a young boy from a seemingly utopian, futuristic world, is singled out to receive special training from The Giver, who alone holds the memories of the true joys and pain of life.


Normally, I don't like books that I have to read for class, but this book was very nice and interesting. Lois Lowry is an excellent books writer, and I look forward to reading her books. The society that Jonas lives in, is a very tightly-knitted community. The book overall was very well written, but I didn't really agree with the premise of the story. The community bugged me. I mean, they were all the same. I know that that is one of the main reasons of the book. But still...

Like I said before, Lois Lowry is a beautiful writer and I look forward to reading more of her books.

2 comments:

jiang said...

A great way to assess pandora online your time management skills cheap pandora is to spnd the last 5 pandora charm minutes each day writing down what pandora charms australia you actually achieved thomas sabo charms during the day and then to score, on a sale thomas charms of 1 to 10, the real life financial thomas sabo bracelet value of each of those achievements. Take Total Respoonsibility For Getting Your Own Prspects .Sales pandora beads come from prospects and it is the responsibility thomas sabo watches of the salesperson to maximize thomas watches the time they spend selling to genuine prospects.

Unknown said...

air force 1 shoes
michael kors outlet online
tiffany and co outlet
christian louboutin sale
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet online
snow boots
ugg outlet uk
north face jackets
carolina jerseys