Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top 6 Blog/Author Moments of 2010

In no particular order...

1. Meeting John Green and David Levithan

I know last year, meeting David Levithan was on my list. But this time, I met both of them at the same time. For some people, this wouldn't be a big deal. For me, it's a big deal because I had never met John Green before and John and David are my two top favorite authors of all time ever. So when I met them and we had a discussion about my favorite movie (10 Things I Hate About You), I basically turned into mush and was barely coherent. The thing I remember most about that night was feeling so happy I felt unstoppable. I was soaring all night, soaking up everything about it. The smell of coffee coming in from the store's built-in coffee shop, the room full of people (over half of which were standing), and how happy both authors looked to be there sharing their thoughts with people.

2. The Pre-Publication Dinner with Andrea Cremer

When I found out that I could go to the dinner, there was screaming. Lots and lots of screaming. I wrote a post about it (which you can find here). Besides feeling very very fancy, I also thought it was really cool to get to hang out and talk to a bunch of amazing booksellers from the area that I live in. It was also fun to actually get to talk to Andrea Cremer. I had talked to her on twitter (Soul Sistahs!), but when you go to normal author signings, you don't really get to spend time talking to an author about things other than how much you loved there book. At the dinner, we talked about movies, shows, books, Joss Whedon, and a bunch of other things.

3. Meeting Sarah and Suzanne Young

When I went up to Oregon over summer, I got a ride from my aunt and we drove 3 hours to Powells bookshop in Oregon where I got to meet one of my favorite authors and one of my best friends. Suzanne Young (who wrote The Naughty List series and the upcoming book A Need So Beautiful) is so incredibly nice, and I loved meeting her! You should really read her books.
Sarah and I go waaaay back (well, only like 2 and a half years). For those of you who don't know, I was her first blog follower and she was my first blog follower. Ever since, we've been buddies! Being in a huge bookstore with another blogger is one of the most awesome things in the universe. I was so overwhelmed with what to buy and for once I could finally turn to someone (whose opinion in books I trust) and ask them what I should get.

4. The Smart Chicks Tour Stop

So many amazing authors and bloggers gathered at this event. And bloggers got to sit up front (hello amazing treatment, I love you). There was 10 (or more) book bloggers in that once place, which was awesome! I didn't even know there was that many book bloggers in this area! All of the authors were so incredibly nice!

5. The SEA Launch Party

This is the first and only book launch party I've ever been to. The energy there was so happy and upbeat. Everyone there was really nice and it felt like everyone was a family of sorts.

6. Introducing Authors!

In February (I think it was February, I could be wrong) I got to introduce Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl at an event they had here. For those of you who don't know, I am a very shy person who isn't very good at public speaking. I stumbled over my words and was terrified while I introduced them, but it was so worth it!

I am most likely missing some of my best moments, but I forget things very easily. Forgive me!

No comments: