Sunday, January 23, 2011

Classic Thursdays?

I have this HUGE stack of classic books in my room. I have probably 30 or more of them. I'm going to start posting a review of a classic book each Thursday. Hopefully that means I'll be reading at least one classic book a week (and getting through that pesky book pile of mine).
There will be reviews of anything from plays to poetry, drama's to fairy-tales. I want a little icon/picture for Classic Thursdays but I'm not good at designing those sorts of things. So, if anyone wants to- just email me!

I want your thoughts about my plan. If you all totally hate the idea and won't read the reviews, then tell me so. If you love it, then tell me that to. I love opinions! And if you're shy and don't feel like commenting- you can email me at zaser_jam AT yahoo DOT com.

EDIT- Also, the "classics" won't just be the common classics. Have you every seen the movie Cheaper By The Dozen? The book was written in 1947. It's in the pile. Expect a review at some point.

2 comments:

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I LOVE Cheaper by the Dozen; I would love to see your review of that and other classics.

lesatanner said...

I love the idea of Classic Thursdays!
Have you ever read Zilpha Keatley Snyder? She lived in Santa Rosa for many years and visited my school (Willowside) at my request back in the 1970s. She was a huge influence on me. She's very prolific--and still writes. I'm sure she'd love to talk to you.
I found you from the PD article--you're awesome!