Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jumpstart the World by Catherine Ryan Hyde

30Elle is a loner. She doesn’t need people. Which is a good thing, because she’s on her own: she had to move into her own apartment so her mother’s boyfriend won’t have to deal with her.

Then she meets Frank, the guy who lives next door. He’s older and has a girlfriend, but Elle can’t stop thinking about him. Frank isn’t like anyone Elle has ever met. He listens to her. He’s gentle. And Elle is falling for him, hard.
But Frank is different in a way that Elle was never prepared for: he’s transgender. And when Elle learns the truth, her world is turned upside down.  Now she’ll have to search inside herself to find not only the true meaning of friendship but her own role in jumpstarting the world.

 

This is the first Transgender book that I’ve read and it was magnificent. Elle is an amazing character and I loved reading about her. This is the first book I’ve read by Catherine Ryan Hyde and now I really want to read more of what she’s written. Her writing is truly enchanting and I got completely lost in the story.

Frank was so amazing. He was really real and an amazingly memorable character.  I really wish that Jumpstart the World was longer because I want to spend more time with these amazing characters.

I completely recommend Jumpstart the World to everyone. It’s a heartfelt story that you can’t help but love.

FTC- Library.

No comments: