Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

8105542

Across four sun-kissed drama-drenched summers at his family's beach house, Chase tries to come to grips with his family's slow dissolution while also finding himself in a chaotic love triangle, pitted against his own brother in pursuit of the girl next door.

Invincible Summer is one of those books that makes you feel hopeful and get that fuzzy feeling in the pit of your stomach. There are some really cry-worthy parts in this book. Even during those parts (when I was crying so so much) I felt so much love for her characters. Hannah Moskowitz knows how to craft the absolute best characters for her books. They are all so incredibly real. One of the things I like best about Moskowitz’ writing is that she isn’t afraid to hold back. If she wants her character to curse a lot (which is completely accurate because many teens curse a lot), well you better not be surprised when they’re cursing. I LOVE that her characters are like that. When I read Invincible Summer, I felt like I was hanging out with my friends.

I really liked that Invincible Summer was set on a beach because of how fresh it made the book feel. Looking back on it, the beach and the sand and the Camus quotes are so significant in the book and are such a big deal to the story it's like they are each characters.

I couldn’t stop reading this book. I read it in one sitting and I think that’s how it should be read.
It was a laid back read that was still intense and very serious. Invincible Summer is one of my favorite books. I am in love with it. I’m more than in love with it, actually! I just don’t know how to put that into words. After I finished this book I walked out into the room where the rest of my family was and didn’t know what to say. I was still trying to process what I’d just read. Even now as I’m writing this, a month or two after I’ve finished the book- I still don’t know what to say.
I will basically buy anything Hannah Moskowitz ever writes. Even if it’s something polar opposite of what I like to read. Hannah crafted a beautifully written book that will amaze you with it’s lovely character’s and their amazing antics. I’m sure I will always love this book, and will keep re-reading it for the years to come.


FTC- Received for review from publisher.

*Albert Camus is amazing. People who have read Invincible Summer will understand how this relates to the book

1 comment:

Eleni said...

Hm, all these raving reviews are getting me interested. Thanks for the great reaction to it!