Thursday, April 21, 2011

Illusions by Aprilynne Pike


Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice. But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.

I have a confession to make. I haven’t read the first two books in this series. I know I should have, and I regret not reading them first- but lets get on with this review.

So I’ve heard extremely mixed reviews about this series, I know people who worship it and I know people who hate it- I’m stuck in the middle with Illusions. I think that if I would have read the other two books first, Illusions would have made much more sense. Overall, I think that the writing was good with a touch of being lyrical (which I’m always a fan of). A big problem I had with Illusions was that it didn’t completely suck me in like I wanted it to. It also was a pretty slow read, which I don’t think is good when dealing with anything other than contemporary books.
It’s really hard for me to come up with my opinion of Illusions because I feel like it was lost on me. Even though I knew the characters and I knew what was going on, something seemed off about it. If I were to have a rating system on here, I would probably have given it a 3/5. It was good writing and I’m sure a bunch of people will love it, it just wasn’t really my cup of tea.

FTC-Publisher.

1 comment:

Bookish in a Box said...

Heh, I haven't read the first two either. I liked Illusions, but I was a little confused about what was going on. And Tamani was SO obsessive!