Saturday, May 1, 2010

An Interview with Beth Fantaskey


1. Why did you decide to write a book that has to do with Jekyll and Hyde?

I think most of us have a “bad” side that comes out now and then, to varying degrees. In the original n
ovel, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Dr. Jekyll loses complete control of his evil alter ego when he drinks a chemical formula. I thought it would be interesting to move the story into the present day and show what happens when a very shy, good girl consumes a concoction that similarly unleashes her wicked side. Will she stay good? Or be tempted to be completely evil, like the doctor in the original story? And I thought having a teenage heroine was especially appropriate, because that’s when most of us try to figure out our real identities.


2. If your life could be loosely based on a book, what book would it be?

What a fun question! I am going to choose The Pickwick Papers, by Charles Dickens, because it’s all about just going from adventure to adventure with your best friends by your side – and if you’re lucky, falling in love while you travel around. That’s a pretty good life!


3. The cover of Jekel loves Hyde is lovely! Did you have any say in it? What is your opinion of the cover? Is there anything you would change about it?

Thanks so much! All the credit goes to amazing artist Cliff Nielsen, who also designed the cover of Jessica’s Guide. I had very little say in the design, which was fine, because I loved it at first sight. The only think I asked to change were Jill’s eyeglasses. She wasn’t wearing any at first, and I wanted her to have the plastic glasses she wears in the book. The compromise was some wire rims that don’t obscure her features too much.


4. What is next in your writing career?

I’m working on a possible sequel to Jessica’s Guide. I should have news on my website, bethfantaskey.com, in about a month, if anybody’s interested in checking in.


5. Is there anything you would like to add?

When I get an opportunity like this, I always like to thank all of the readers who’ve been so supportive of my books. I never expected to have the chance to actually get to know readers so well. That’s been a great surprise, and I’m grateful to everybody who contacts me. Stay in touch!

2 comments:

love-up-you said...

guoweigang Avoid getting in a discount pandora rush to buy various for your mom. Start pandora sale searching earlier; burst out until the last pandora jewerly minute to see a present can often be discount pandora charms applying for trouble.Making the effort to determine pandora charms 2010 what precisely the Mum likes and requires buy pandora charm can help be certain that your lady receives the pandora charms bracelets perfect gift. If you buy diamond jewelry pertaining Pandora beads to Mama on the web can assist reduction the Pandora beads 2010 time forced to buy the suitable diamond jewelry with regard to pandora beads charms mama despite the fact that possess patiently lay until the very end. Therefore the next time your going shopping for mothering sunday, you will know where to start from.

Unknown said...

nike roshe run flyknit
seattle seahawks jerseys
columbia shoes outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
pandora jewelry outlet
polo ralph lauren shirts
adidas superstar
kate spade outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
2017.3.1chenlixiang