Friday, May 21, 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


In a future North America, where the rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual televised survival competition pitting young people from each of the twelve districts against one another, sixteen-year-old Katniss's skills are put to the test when she voluntarily takes her younger sister's place.

How did I not read this book before? It was amazing! When reading The Hunger Games, I literally sat in the corner of my room for 3 hours and barely spoke to anyone. I was so sucked in! The action was impeccable, and the characters were lovely. Last year, I tried to read this book and I couldn't bring myself to. I think it may be the type of book where you need to read it at a certain time. At the end, I wanted to read the second one a.s.a.p. So, if you're planning to read this (which you should be), I recommend that you have the second one close by because you will want to start it as soon as you read the first one.
Suzanne Collins wrote a one of a kind book, that has been read by many people and should be read by many more. It is a brilliant work of art that will keep you reading until the very end. The Hunger Games, is a hard book not to love. I strongly recommend it. It is probably going to be one of the best books I read this year.

FTC- library

2 comments:

prophecygirl said...

So glad you enjoyed it - it's one of the best YA books to ever grace shelves!

Unknown said...

I know, I love this book too! I just devoured the sequel and I'm hungry for the third one! :)