Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Shade by Jeri Smith Ready


Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.

Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding--and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.



Shade is an awesome book! It had two really lovely guys. One of which is in a band, and the other which has an accent. It already sounds like a good book, doesn’t it? Well, feel free to add in a kick-butt plot that involves a really interesting transformation (thing) that happens after you die. I loved Shade, it was emotional, interesting, and addicting. I didn’t read it straight through, but I wanted to. Jeri Smith Ready wrote a novel that many will enjoy. The characters are quirky and shall I say that some of them are even *cute*.
I don’t know if you would classify Shade as “paranormal”, but if you do. I would say that Shade is one of the most original paranormal books that I’ve read in a long time. I loved reading this book and I hope that you will too.


FTC- I received this book from the publisher.


The Book Trailer is really awesome-

2 comments:

ally said...

I won that book just this week and i can't wait to get it in my hands :D!!!! I hope it's as good as you say it is :)

Alyssa said...

Nice short-and-sweet review! While there was a lot to like about this book, I just couldn't connect with the characters... which I know is crazy, since this book is so well-received with reviewers today! :(
- Alyssa of Redhead Heroines
Book Review of “Shade” by Jeri Smith-Ready