Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How Beautiful the Ordinary


A girl thought to be a boy steals her sister's skirt, while a boy thought to be a girl refuses to wear a cornflower blue dress. One boy's love of a soldier leads to the death of a stranger. The present takes a bittersweet journey into the past when a man revisits the summer school where he had "an accidental romance." And a forgotten mother writes a poignant letter to the teenage daughter she hasn't seen for fourteen years.

Poised between the past and the future are the stories of now.

I don't really know how to express my feeling toward this book. There were some stories that I loved and there were some that I didn't love.
Overall, my favorite story was David Levithan's. He wrote it beautifully.
I don't recommend this book to young audiences there are some very "risky" stories.
I think this book is an overall great GLBT book and will help many people.



*I received this review copy from Harper Teen publishers.

No comments: