Friday, October 2, 2009

Beating Heart by A.M. Jenkins


This house

is mine

and

I am

its beating heart.

She is a ghost: a figure glimpsed from the corner of your eye, a momentary chill, and a memory of secret kisses and hidden passion. He is 17 years old: Evan Calhoun, warm and alive, and ever since moving to this big abandoned house, he has dreamt of her. Ghost and boy fascinate each other–until her memories and his desire collide in a moment that changes them both.


Beating Heart was a cute and fast-paced novel. This was one of those books that you spend an hour reading it, it was good while it lasted, but afterwords I didn't really think it was one of the best books I had read. I liked it, and it is definitely a book I would buy.

I recomend this book if you are looking for a quick read.