Friday, July 24, 2009

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher


Jay Asher is a genius.

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker--his classmate and crush--who committed suicide two weeks earlier. On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.

I read this book awhile ago, and I was sucked into the story. After reading it, I told all of my friends about it. I actually had to buy a new copy because mine had been passed around so many times.

This books is wonderful. The topic is a pretty hard one to stomach, but once you have already read the book, you are glad you did.

I cried so much when reading this. But, I wasn't crying because this teenager had committed suicide. I was crying for Clay and all the other people who were on the tapes. Because, though what they did lead Hannah to kill herself, they still had to listen to the tapes. I especially felt bad for Clay because he was in love with Hannah and he had to listen to what the other people did.

Jay Asher is a wonderful author. I can't wait to read his next book!

Thirteen Reasons Why is a must read.

No comments: