Monday, January 14, 2013

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)

Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.
She’s wrong.

Everyone kept telling me to read Mara Dyer, but since it has received so much praise, I was worried to read it (because I didn’t want to be the one person who disliked it). Luckily, I’m not the one person who dislikes it. I devoured The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. It’s not a small book, and I read it within a day.

At the beginning, I was kind of confused with what was going on in the story. However, as time went on, everything started unfolding and the story got easier to understand (and more in depth). The end result, was amazing. Michelle Hodkin is a fantastic writer. I finished Mara Dyer a week and a half ago, and I still don’t know how to form my opinion into eloquent words.

All I can say is that the characters in The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer are all fantastic and mysterious and I love them. The romance is beautiful and (dare I say it) sexy. Hodkin is a fantastic writer who’s writing style captured be from the very beginning. I have yet to read the second book in this series, but I want to read it so bad, because I just can’t wait to get back into Mara’s world.

5 stars to Michelle Hodkin, because I can’t get The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer out of my mind. There isn’t enough good adjectives to describe how much I loved this novel. You should really read it.

FTC- Bought.

3 comments:

We Heart YA said...

Ooo, 5 stars? Good to know. We had heard some weird/confusing things about the ending, so we weren't sure. (That was based on ARCs anyway, so maybe it changed?)

Zaira Lynn said...

STILL need to read the first book! I think I told myself I was determined to read it after I read your review for that one, but my forgetful mind hates me. I know I'll be kicking myself over the head for delaying it so long. This sounds so great, but maybe I SHOULD wait to read this series until I can get my hands on the third book. Cliffhangers are torture :) GREAT review! I always love reading them as well as your overall blog!

Zaira Lynn (Cash Advance For Business)

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

abercrombie & fitch
michael kors outlet
ray ban sunglasses
adidas shoes
coach factory outlet
jordan 13
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban sunglasses
tiffany outlet
rolex watches outlet
oakley canada
longchamp bags
adidas ultra boost
air jordans
toms shoes
giuseppe zanotti sneakers
cheap nfl jerseys
toms shoes sale
coach outlet store online clearances
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton
kobe 10 shoes
true religion sale
michael kors outlet
ghd flat iron
air jordan pas cher
air jordan 13
oakley sunglasses
chenyingying20160809