Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My 10 Favorite Books of 2012

This is a list of 12 of my favorite books that I’ve read in 2012! The list is in no particular order, and it may include books that were published before 2012 but that I read this year. If you click the book title, you’ll be sent to my review of it.

 

The Fault in Our Stars1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I’m still not over this book. I read it the week it came out, and it still hasn’t left my mind. I LOVE The Fault in Out Stars.

 

 

Every Day2. Every Day by David Levithan

My love of David Levithan’s books isn’t a secret. He’s my favorite author. That being said, I genuinely think that Every Day is one of the best YA books published in 2012. It was really original and was written amazingly.

 

Something Like Normal3. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller

This book was so good. I still can’t put my thoughts about it into coherent words, and I read it back in March.

 

 

Ask The Passengers4. Ask the Passengers by A.S. King

I never wanted to put down Ask the Passengers. It tugged at my heart and I loved every minute of it. (My review of Ask the Passengers should be coming soon.)

 

If I Lie5. If I Lie by Corrine Jackson

This book made me cry oceans of tears, but it was amazing. Corrine is a fabulous writer, and I can’t wait to read what she come out with next.

 

 

Ten 6. Ten by Gretchen McNeil

I get easily frightened, so this was not an easy book for me to read. But despite being a scaredy-cat, I was able to read Ten in one sitting, and it was fantastic.

 

 

Second Chance Summer7. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Second Chance Summer was spectacular. It was deep, but also really light. Matson did an amazing job writing it.

 

In Honor8. In Honor by Jessi Kirby

This was the first book that I’ve read of Jessi Kirby’s and I loved it. It had the perfect balance of serious and fun topics- and was an incredibly quick read. (I haven’t posted my review of In Honor yet. Hopefully it will be up soon.)

 

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight9. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

This book was SO GOOD. It was the first book I read in 2012, and it was an amazing book to start the year off with. I love it so much.

 

Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe10. Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Corriell

I just read this book, but I love it so much. Chloe was fantastic and the storyline was fantastic and I just love it. (My review should be up soon)

2 comments:

We Heart YA said...

TFIOS was on our list too! Full post here: http://www.weheartya.com/2012/12/our-favorite-reads-of-2012.html

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

I've only read 3 & 6, but completely agree that they are fabulous!

Hope you and your family had a great New Year! :)