Monday, April 18, 2011

The Things a Brother Knows by Dana Reinhardt

27The story of a young marine’s return from war in the Middle East and the psychological effects it has on his family.

Finally, Levi Katznelson’s older brother, Boaz, has returned. Boaz was a high school star who had it all and gave it up to serve in a war Levi can’t understand. Things have been on hold since Boaz left. With the help of his two best friends Levi has fumbled his way through high school, weary of his role as little brother to the hero.
But when Boaz walks through the front door after his tour of duty is over, Levi knows there’s something wrong. Boaz is home, safe. But Levi knows that his brother is not the same.
Maybe things will never return to normal. Then Boaz leaves again, and this time Levi follows him, determined to understand who his brother was, who he has become, and how to bring him home again.

 

Oh this book! I laughed, I cried, I was completely enthralled. Levi and Boaz’s story was an addicting and heartfelt one that I couldn’t help but love. It’s an original story that a lot of people can relate to. Even if you don’t have a sibling, or don’t have a sibling who was surviving your country I think you will be able to relate to this book.

I’m having a hard time summarizing all of my feelings towards The Things a Brother Knows because they’re all so varied. I loved this book, I don’t have anything bad to say about it. The writing, characters, and plot were all amazing. I’m really looking forward to reading Dana’s other books because if they’re even half as good as this one, I’m sure I’ll love it.

 

FTC- Library.

No comments: