Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stolen by Lucy Christopher

29

Gemma, 16, is on layover at Bangkok Airport, en route with her parents to a vacation in Vietnam. She steps away for just a second, to get a cup of coffee. Ty - rugged, tan, too old, oddly familiar - pays for Gemma's drink. And drugs it. They talk. Their hands touch. And before Gemma knows what's happening, Ty takes her. Steals her away. The unknowing object of a long obsession, Gemma has been kidnapped by her stalker and brought to the desolate Australian Outback.

 

I had never understood why everybody thought this book was so amazing. Then I read it. Lucy Christopher wrote an impeccable novel that makes you end up questioning the state of your mind.

 

I couldn’t put this book down because I was completely enthralled in everything involving Gemma, Ty, and the Outback. I loved how the setting of the novel was a character too, it’s something new and fresh that I haven’t seen in a YA novel before.

Once I was done reading Stolen, I just kind of sat there like “what do I do now?” Needless to say, this is the sort of book that you can’t get out of your head. I can’t wait to see what Lucy Christopher has up her sleeve next.

I recommend Stolen to anyone who can deal with reading something that will force you to use your brain and question every word you read. It was hectic, raw, and left me breathless.

FTC- Library.

2 comments:

flanpnhfpnanfnFN said...

The thing I found most interesting about this book was the relasionship between Ty and Gemma. Your right the author really does make you question a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed Stolen! I think it'll remain a favorite of mine for a long time ^-^

http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

Allen Bates said...

I hope I can find a copy of this book. Thanks.
Koh samui villa