Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson


Seventeen-year-old Ginny Blackstone precipitously travels from her home in New Jersey to London when she receives a message from an unknown man telling her he has the letters that were stolen just before she completed a series of mysterious tasks assigned by her now dead aunt, an artist.

Maureen Johnson, please take me away into your amazing novels! Maureen Johnson was one of the first Young Adult authors that I’ve read and she still amazes me with her writing. When I got this book in the mail, I screamed and ran around in my garage (just ask my mom, she was there). Needless to say, I am a big Maureen Johnson. When I heard that she was going to write a sequel to 13 Little Blue Envelops, I was a bit concerned. Would Maureen totally nail the 2nd book? Would it live up the first? How can she build upon a story that was pretty much finished with? Well let me tell you now dear blog readers, in no way did Maureen Johnson disappoint with The Last Little Blue Envelope.
I did not speak to anyone when I got this. I went straight up to my room and read for hours without anybody bothering me. I couldn’t stop reading this book. You couldn’t have stopped me from reading this book. Maureen takes her readers on yet another adventure full of new boys, old boys, traveling, and so much more. I know by this point, you are probably annoyed with my droning on about how in love with Maureen Johnson’s writing I am. I swear I’m going to actually review the book once I’m done typing this sentence.
-----------------
The Last Little Blue Envelope is a humorous novel that readers will enjoy. Being back in Ginny’s world is as thrilling as when you first read 13 Little Blue Envelopes. Maureen Johnson knows how to transport her readers to places across the country, in one swift turn of a page. Reading this book was electric. I couldn’t take my eyes away from the pages. I was really pleased at how Maureen executed the sequel to the much-loved 13 Little Blue Envelopes.

FTC- Publisher.

No comments: