Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Random Meme

So, I saw this Meme on Sarah's blog, which you can find here. I thought, since I haven't finished a book in FOREVER and don't have a review to write, I would do this. So, here it is:



Hardback, trade paperback or mass market paperback?
I generally like paperback more, because of the price. Hardback is fine too, though.
Barnes & Noble or Borders?
I don't really have a preference. I actually like Copperfields more, because that is were I go for most book signings. The one that is by me, has a really awesome selection of books, and has a used bookstore attached to it!
Bookmark or dog-ear?
Bookmark all the way. When I was little, I used to dog-ear because my mom would always do that after reading to me. But now, I hate making a mark in a book. I will use almost anything to mark my place in a book.
Amazon or brick-and-mortar?
I actually don't order off of Amazon. If I need a book, I usually request it from the store, and go to pick it up there. That also allows me to look around and get more books. So, I guess it's a win win situation!
Alphabetize by author, or alphabetize by title, or random?
Random. Well, it depends since I volunteer at a used bookstore, we alphabetize by last name. But, in my home library I organize by genera and then I put it in order by my favorite authors.
Keep, throw away, or sell?
Keep. I could never throw away a book, it just seems wrong to me. I am also a huge pack-rat when it comes to books.
Keep dust jacket or toss it?
Keep it. But, when I am reading the book I take it off so it doesn't get ruined.
Read with dust jacket or remove it?
Like I said before, remove it. I don't want the dust jacket getting in the way, and getting dirty.
Short story or novel?
Novel. But, it I like who wrote the short story I will read it. I like the fact that novels are longer.
Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
Harry Potter all the way. I haven't actually read Lemony Snicket.
Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Normally chapter breaks. But, if it;s a really good book, when I am tired, or when I fall asleep.
“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
It was a dark and stormy night. The other one just seems too fairy-tale. Fairy-tale is prett annoying at times.
Buy or borrow?
I like to buy. But, I tend to borrow more, because buying costs money...
New or used?
New. But, I work at a used bookstore.
Buying choice: book reviews, recommendations, or browse?
I can't choose. They are all so good.
Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
It depends on the book.
Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?
Late night reader.
Stand-alone or series?
Series, if they flow into each other.
Favorite series?
Harry Potter
Favorite children’s book?
Hmmm... I don't know.
Favorite YA book?
Looking for Alaska by John Green or Paper Towns by John Green or any book by David Levithan.
Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
Gahh! I don't know!
Favorite books read last year?
Paper Towns, Suite Scarlett, Wake, and a lot more. I read like 113 books last year, so it's hard to choose.
Favorite books of all time?
Looking for Alaska, Harry Potter, and like 100 more.
What are you reading right now?
The DeVouring by Simon Holt
What are you reading next?
I don't know. There are so many to read...
Favorite book to recommend to an 11-year-old?
I don't really know. There are so many books I can't write them all. Harry Potter is a good one though.
Favorite book to re-read?
Any book that I own and like I have re-read.
Do you ever smell books?
Yes...books smell magnifecint.
Do you ever read primary source documents like letters or diaries?
No. I used to though...

No comments: