Thursday, June 4, 2009

An Interview with Jordyn

So, Jordyn of Ten Cent Notes recently took the time to answer some questions for me. So, come check them out. I would like to say thanks to Jordyn. You should all go check out her blog. She is awesome.



1. Blog url:

2. What do you like most about reading?
I like being able to see other realities. I know it sounds weird when talking about novels, but I think reading fiction allows us to see things from another person's perspective and view in a way that little else can. It's reaffirming to be reading about a character whose life is so completely different from my own and see that they have a lot of the same thoughts and feelings. It makes me feel connected to people knowing we're all alike.

3. What is your favorite book series?
I'm going to have to say that I'm sure I'm forgetting some massively obvious one, but I think I'm going to have to go with Ann Brashares' Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. (Close runners up would be the Uglies trilogy and the Luxe series.)

4. What is your favorite book?
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, though I haven't read it in years.

5. What is the ideal size of book?
Personally I like smaller books, especially if they pack a punch. But, as you can tell from my favorite book, I also like lengthy books. I don't think there's an ideal size. I think it's whatever works for the author and for the story.

6. Is there anything you would like to add?
Super flying monkey ninjas.