Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Giver by Lois Lowry


So,
I read this book for class, it was surprisingly good. Here is a small summary:

At the age of twelve, Jonas, a young boy from a seemingly utopian, futuristic world, is singled out to receive special training from The Giver, who alone holds the memories of the true joys and pain of life.


Normally, I don't like books that I have to read for class, but this book was very nice and interesting. Lois Lowry is an excellent books writer, and I look forward to reading her books. The society that Jonas lives in, is a very tightly-knitted community. The book overall was very well written, but I didn't really agree with the premise of the story. The community bugged me. I mean, they were all the same. I know that that is one of the main reasons of the book. But still...

Like I said before, Lois Lowry is a beautiful writer and I look forward to reading more of her books.