Friday, April 10, 2009

The Breakup Bible by Melissa Kantor

This was a very nice book. I just randomely picked it off of my libraries shelf, and I loved it.


Jen Lewis is having a great junior year. She is the features editor of the school paper, and she's dating Max Brown, the paper's editor-in-chief. Everything is perfect-that is, until Max says, "Maybe it would be better if we were just friends." In shock and total denial, Jen wonders how she is going to deal with the pain of seeing Max in school every day. Her misery only intensifies when her grandmother gives her a book that she heard about on the radio. Dr. Emerson's The Breakup Bible claims that "there's no reason a woman can't get over a breakup very quickly if she'll just follow a few basic commandments." Jen is doubtful. What does Dr. Emerson know about her and Max?



This was a very clever book. This was one of the books that got me out of one of my reading lulls. Despite the bubblegum-pink color or the cover, this novel was slightly serious. It was a very easy and light read. This was the first book by Melissa Kantor that I have read, and it made me want to read more. If you want a nice book to read, I recommend this book.

No comments: