Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Burning Blue by Paul Griffin

Burning Blue

How far would you go for love, beauty, and jealousy?
When Nicole Castro, the most beautiful girl in her wealthy New Jersey high school, is splashed with acid on the left side of her perfect face, the whole world takes notice. But quiet loner Jay Nazarro does more than that--he decides to find out who did it. Jay understands how it feels to be treated like a freak, and he also has a secret: He's a brilliant hacker. But the deeper he digs, the more danger he's in--and the more he falls for Nicole. Too bad everyone is turning into a suspect, including Nicole herself.

This book was crazy, but I loved every minute of it. Before going into it, I hadn’t read the summary- so I had no idea what to expect. I certainly wasn’t expecting what I discovered. In a way, I think not reading the summary helped me out a lot. When Nicole got hit with acid, I was completely surprised. I had to read it the scene over a few times, just to fully understand what had happened.

Ultimately, I loved Nicole. At times she annoyed me, but I’m sure if I had to go through what she went through- I would act like she did. Jay was great. I really liked how intelligent he was. He was secretive (and mysterious) which added a whole different aspect of mystique to the novel.

Though Burning Blue was a mystery, it wasn’t action packed. The secrets of the novel just sat there and simmered, getting more and more intense with every page. This is the first book I’ve read by Paul Griffin, and it won’t be the last. Burning Blue was interesting, addicting, and original. Griffin is a superb writer, and I can’t wait to check out some of his other books.

FTC- Received from publisher.

No comments: