Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Vast Fields of Ordinary by Nick Burd

imageIt's Dade's last summer at home. He has a crappy job at Food World, a "boyfriend" who won't publicly acknowledge his existence (maybe because Pablo also has a girlfriend), and parents on the verge of a divorce. College is Dade's shining beacon of possibility, a horizon to keep him from floating away.
Then he meets the mysterious Alex Kincaid. Falling in real love finally lets Dade come out of the closet - and, ironically, ignites a ruthless passion in Pablo. But just when true happiness has set in, tragedy shatters the dreamy curtain of summer, and Dade will use every ounce of strength he's gained to break from his past and start fresh with the future.

After months of people telling me to read The Vast Fields of Ordinary, I finally did. And I did not regret it! The Vast Fields of Ordinary is beautifully written. The story is believable, and so are the characters. This novel will touch your heart. It had me laughing, crying, and dying for more.

Nick Burd is an extremely talented writer. Dade was such a heartfelt character. I felt so bad for him. At some parts, I just wanted to jump into the novel and give him a big hug.Pablo was so cringe-worthy. I wanted to jump into the book and hit him in the face every time he did something stupid. Which was a lot. Alex Kincaid was fun! I also really like his last name.

Nick Burd is an amazing writer. The Vast Fields of Ordinary is an amazing novel. It's meaningful, well written, and amazingly addictive.

FTC-Bought