Monday, June 20, 2011

Paradise by Jill S. Alexander

34Paisley Tillery is the drummer for a country rock band. If they can make it to the stage at the Texapalooza music fest, then Paisley will be closer to her dream of a career in music and a ticket out of her small Texas town.

Drumming and music are what Paisley has always wanted. Until the band gets a new lead singer, the boy from Paradise, Texas. With Paradise in her life, what Paisley wants, and what she needs, complicate her dreams coming true.

Paradise is the first book I had read by Jill S. Alexander but I had heard a lot about her other book, The Sweetheart of Prosper County*. This novel surprised me in so many good ways! I have to admit, the cover can be off-putting because I don’t really want to walk around town reading a book with two kissing faces on the cover. Once I got over that fear, Paradise grabbed me right into it’s tight hold and I couldn’t put it down. Jill Alexander wrote a sugary-sweet novel that I hope many people enjoy as much as I did.

My one problem with this book, I can’t really reveal because of spoilers. Let me just tell you that an important event in the story towards the ending seemed really fake and abrupt to me. Though, that didn’t stop me from crying like a baby in public.

Paradise will tug at your heartstrings, make you laugh, and charm you with its adorable touch of Texas. Jill S. Alexander has definitely been put on my reading-map with this book. I completely recommend it, you won’t regret it!

FTC- From author for Teen Book Scene book tours.

*I’m writing this review on April 19th. So by the time this has posted, I’ve already read The Sweetheart of Prosper County.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm so glad you liked this- it's up soon in my TBR pile! Great review :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reading and reviewing!