Monday, March 28, 2011

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

 

9

All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one faery in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see?

 

The Wicked Lovely series had been on my bookshelves for a couple years before I actually picked up Wicked Lovely. After listening to me complain about how I needed a faery book to read, a few people finally forced me to read these books. Man, I’m so glad I was told to read them.

Melissa Marr’s much-talked about series had me on my toes the whole time I was reading it. I never knew what was going to happen, and I loved everything that was happening. Aislinn was really real and it felt like I was listening to one of my friends tell me a story about their life. Oh yeah, I have friends who can see fey. I’m cool like that.

If I remember correctly, I was awake until 4am reading this book. You know a book is good when you only get 2 hours of sleep because you were up all night reading it. And you know a book is good when you could really care less about going to school looking like crap because of the amazing book you stayed up all night reading.

Melissa Marr has an extremely addictive way of writing. Wicked Lovely as a book fit together perfectly and I felt that everything about it aligned just right.

This is one of the best Young Adult series’ I’ve read. I recommend it to anyone who’s looking for a good story to read.

 

FTC- Bought.

No comments: