Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell


Before Carrie Bradshaw hit the big time in the City, she was a regular girl growing up in the suburbs of Connecticut. How did she turn into one of the most-read social observers of our generation? The Carrie Diaries opens up in Carrie's senior year of high school. She and her best friends -- Walt, Lali, Maggie, and the Mouse -- are inseparable, amid the sea of Jens, Jocks and Jets. And then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture. Sebastian is a bad boy-older, intriguing, and unpredictable. Carrie falls into the relationship that she was always supposed to have in high school-until a friend's betrayal makes her question everything. With her high school days coming to a close, Carrie will realize it's finally time to go after everything she ever wanted.

This book was surprisingly addicting. I wasn’t really expecting to like it. I have never seen Sex in the City and I never had any desire to watch it, so I was never really interested in reading The Carries Diaries. However, after I got it in the mail, I decided to dive in. Once I did, I didn’t let this book go until the very last page.
I got completely absorbed into the world that Candace Bushnell created and I never wanted to leave. The characters felt like they could be your best friends and the plot was to die for. I was in awe of what I was reading. I expected The Carrie Diaries to be a run-of-the-mill chick-lit book. In some ways I was right, and in some ways I was so- so wrong. It was more than that. Yes, it was very girly but it also had deeper a deeper meaning within it.
Candace Bushnell did a fantastic job writing this book. I couldn’t stop reading and I never wanted it to end.

FTC- Publisher.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I've seen a bit of SEX IN THE CITY, it's pretty funny.

I haven't had the chance to read this book yet, though I've heard it is really good.

I'm glad you liked it and thought it was addicting. I love books that are like that. :)

Great review!