Monday, August 16, 2010

Torchwood and Doctor Who and Sci-Fi, Oh My!



Since I am trying to post something every day on here and I desperately need to write reviews because I have none. Today I'm going to talk about two of the things I love as much as books/writing. Those two things are Doctor Who and Torchwood. I know I've talked about Doctor Who in the past on here, but I don't believe that I've ever talked about Torchwood.

So, Doctor Who is about a 925 *or so* year old Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey who travels through time and space in a TARDIS *Time and Relative Dimension(s) in Space*.In the new seasons, so far there have been 3 Doctors. Doctor #9 is played by Christopher Eccleston, #10 *and my favorite* is played by David Tennant, and #11 is played by Matt Smith.
Torchwood is a spin-off of Doctor Who about five people who help fight aliens that come to Cardiff which is on time-rift.

The leader of Torchwood is named Captain Jack Harkness (played by John Barrowman). I'm currently watching Season 2 of Torchwood and it is amazing.
These shows are two of the only science fiction type things I like. I also watch Eureka and Haven, but Torchwood and Doctor Who are my all-time favorite of all of the sci-fi show's I've seen. If you haven't seen them, I strongly recommend them.

These shows are filled with wonder, wit, and excitement.
I also wanted to share with you all something that is really special to me. A few months ago someone I know *who shall remain nameless for the sake of identity and such* surprised me with this picture.

In the picture is John Barrowman (Captain Jack on Torchwood with the occasional appearance on Doctor Who*.

One morning before I went off to school I decided to log into facebook to just check a few things. Little did I know that this picture and a video of him saying hi to me, would be waiting. Needless to say I danced around my room, instant messaged everyone who was on facebook at the time, then cried because I was so happy. To some people this may seem melodramatic. But, this picture had been posted during one of the most stressful school days I had last year.

Now it's list time!

Reasons Why You Should Watch Doctor Who and Torchwood-

-Doctor Who has been on air for over 20 years. That's proof in itself that it's an amazing show.
-Both shows talk about space and there's always a lingering feeling of getting away and seeing the world. Isn't that why a lot of people like reading? An escape? These shows are the perfect ones.
-Mystery? Action? Comedy? Time Travel? Oh yeah. They have it all.
-The acting in both shows is incredible!
-People write songs about these shows. Called Trock. Time-Lord Rock.


Other shows I enjoy watching that are Science Fiction and amazing are *as I've mentioned before* Eureka and Haven. With the occasional appearance made by Being Human.
Here is the video (it's from a few months ago so the Desperate Housewives thing has already aired)-

video


As The Tenth Doctor would say...

Allons-y!

5 comments:

D Swizzle said...

doctor 10 for the win!!!! matt kelly just doesnt do it for me. he's so...squishy?

Danielle (Overflowing Shelf) said...

Love love love!!! I have a mini tardis and dalek an poster of matt smith as the doctor to proclaim my Doctor who love. Gahh I cannot wait for more episodes even thought series 5 just ended.

agirlreads said...

I love this post! I'm a Doctor Who & Torchwood junkie :)

Lin Shijun said...

shijun 7.10
coach factory outlet
retro jordan
gucci outlet online
christian louboutin outlet
hollister kids
christian louboutin sale
abercrombie outlet
ray bans
polo ralph lauren
louboutin
louis vuitton
ray ban wayfarer
coach outlet store online
coach outlet stores online
michael kors outlet online sale
tory burch outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
kate spade purses
adidas running shoes
coach outlet online
fitflop
michael kors outlet
oakley store
marc jacobs
hollister outlet
louis vuitton
michael kors handbags
jordan retro 5
kobe 8
coach outlet online
burberry handbags
louis vuitton handbags
chi hair strighteners
jordan shoes
celine luggage tote
lebron 12
true religion sale
fake oakleys
louboutin femme pas cher

Qing Cai said...

rolex watches
lacoste polo shirts
oakley outlet
cheap jordans
toms outlet
prada outlet
true religion outlet
true religion jeans
belstaff jackets
canada goose outlet
timberland boots
swarovski jewelry
tiffany outlet
soccer jerseys
longchamp handbags
nfl jerseys wholesale
cheap jordans
hermes belt
louis vuitton handbags
soccer jerseys
rolex watches
ralph lauren polo
barbour coats
prada handbags
celine outlet
tiffany and co jewelry
kobe bryant shoes
lebron james shoes
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags
ferragamo outlet
coach outlet canada
coach outlet online
hermes birkin
coach outlet
montblanc pens
cyber monday 2015
coach outlet
michael kors handbags clearance
michael kors bags
cai20151203