Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An Interview with Kiersten White


Kiersten White is the author of the fabulous book Paranormalcy. It came out today and I had the opportunity to ask her a few questions. I hope you enjoy.


  1. If you had Lend's ability, what celebrity would you disguise yourself as?

    Probably DJ Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba, but only to scare small children. After that, I'd say Lady Gaga, but since no one actually knows what she looks like that'd be more difficult. So maybe I'd finish up with James Earl Jones, and then I'd narrate my own audio books in his voice.


  2. Is there anything you can tell us about Book 2?

    It has words. A LOT of words. Sentences, punctuation, paragraphs, chapters, you name it! I really went all-out in this book.

    As far as the story, we learn more about where Evie came from, see how she does when she gets what she thinks she wants, and meet a new character, Jack, who is determined to make things more difficult for Evie. Since her life was so easy to begin with...


  3. Do you think there will be a Team Lend and Team Reth?

    I never intended that to happen, but I'm sure there will be! In fact, there already is. My editor sends me little love notes about Reth, even!


  4. Does Paranormalcy have a playlist? If so, what are some of the songs on it?


    I didn't have a specific playlist, but I did listen to the hellogoodbye Pandora station while writing!


  5. Any crazy edit/revision stories?

    Usually you have several months to do edits, but Harper wanted to publish Paranormalcy for their fall list so my editor asked me if I could have revisions to her within a month. I delivered them in a week. Never underestimate the power of an obsessive writer! Unfortunately that set a very dangerous precedent...in retrospect I should have at least pretended like the deadline was difficult to meet.

No comments: