Saturday, March 26, 2011

You Are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay

7

Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people with a whole lot of issues.
All Megan wants is to be normal and go to homecoming, of course. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult when your dates keep getting interrupted by a bunch of slobbering Undead.
Things are about to get even more complicated for Megan. Someone in school is using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies, and it's looking like homecoming will turn out to be a very different kind of party the bloody kind.
Megan must stop the Zombie apocalypse descending on Carol, Arkansas. Her life and more importantly, homecoming depends on it.

I admit it. I put off reading this book for ages, and I regret it. I really really do, because Stacey Jay is a zombie genius. If we ever had a zombie apocalypse, I’d make sure to head over to her house because she would be the one saving us all from disaster. Megan was a kick-ass kick-butt heroine and I really want to be her friend.

At some points while reading, I was caught completely off guard- which is always good. The characters in this book were fabulous. They were all really well written and I could relate to most of them a lot. There was also the drop-dead (pardon the pun) gorgeous, Ethan. I love cute guys in books, I’m pretty sure everyone does. But Ethan? Yeah, he’s extra cute, which made this book even more fun while reading.

One of the things I loved most about You Are So Undead to Me was how easy it was to read it. When I think of zombies, my brain immediately thinks of blood, gore, and guts. You Are So Undead to Me has all of that, but it pairs it with a light and funny narrator and high-school backdrop. I think that Jay found the perfect balance between serious and funny, bloody and girly, and fighting and kissing.

I totally recommend this book to zombie-loves and YA-lovers everywhere. It made me stay up until 2am because I wanted to finish reading it so much. Stacey Jay has quickly become one of my favorite authors with this series. The first book in the Megan Berry series is thrilling, addicting, and oh-so-fun to read.

FTC- Library.

No comments: