Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

 

10

To 17-year-old Leslie, the tattoo is a thing of indescribable beauty, a captivating mark that she must make her own. But this subtle web of eyes and wings brings with it a transformation that no sweet young girl would ever imagine or welcome. Like its predecessor, this stand-alone sequel to Wicked Lovely plunges its youthful heroine into a faery world of almost constant peril.

Ink Exchange was a really good book. I didn’t like it as much as its companion, Wicked Lovely. But I still really liked it.

I didn’t like how slow Ink Exchange was for me. It felt like the book kept droning on an on. The plot of the story seemed a little dry and hard to follow at times.

Besides that, I think ink Exchange was really fun to read. It had a darker tone to it than Wicked Lovely, which I felt added to the story more.

I really liked the tattoo-idea because I’m personally a fan of tattoo’s. Leslie annoyed me at times because she was so damn insistent on getting what she wanted. I think that her being so persistent helped the story too. It made it so she seemed feisty at times.

Like always, Melissa Marr perfected the writing in this story. She always writes with such ease. The pacing was also spot-on and everything that happened seemed to flow really organically. I don’t really have much to say about Ink Exchange because it wasn’t really a hit or miss for me. I’m still interested in reading the rest of the series, but I don’t think that this added much to it.

I know a lot of people consider this to be their favorite Marr book, but so far, it’s my least favorite out of all of the ones I’ve read.

That being said, I still think that everybody should read this series. It’s addicting, interesting, and is really well written.

 

FTC- Bought.

1 comment:

Katie said...

INK EXCHANGE is probably my favorite fairy book of all time. I know - that's kind of a big statement. But I really love Melissa Marr, and this was definitely my favorite in the series. I've noticed that not many people agree with me, though... haha Oh well. I guess I'm just too in love with Niall to notice :)